From San Francisco Airport (SFO)
Kenwood Oaks Guest House
854 Warm Springs Road in Kenwood, California 95452
(707) 833-1221 or (707) 480-7244 (cell)
Approximate time: 2 hours
- Exit the airport, following signs for Highway 380 West/San Bruno.
- Highway 380 West quickly connects to Highway 280. Take Highway 280 North, towards the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco.
- Exit Highway 280 by staying in the left lanes, following the signs to 19th Avenue/Golden Gate Bridge. (Do NOT follow 280 into San Francisco!)
- Stay on 19th Avenue for quite a ways; it is a “surface street” that will eventually feed right onto the Golden Gate Bridge (GGB), which is Highway 101. Follow GGB signs.
- Cross the Golden Gate Bridge, heading north.
- Come north on Highway 101, past San Rafael and almost to Novato.
- Exit 101 onto Highway 37 East, toward Vallejo/Napa.
- Exit 37 at Highway 121 for Sonoma/Napa; left lane exit.
- Exit 121 by going straight (at 4-way stop) onto Highway 116 toward Petaluma/Glen Ellen.
- Exit 116 fairly soon (3 miles +/-) when the sign points straight ahead to Glen Ellen/Arnold Drive; you will then be on Arnold Drive.
- Stay on Arnold Drive for quite a ways (6+ miles). Pass some areas of roadside commerce and the Sonoma National Golf Course. Eventually, you will come to a stop sign along Arnold Drive. It will be at a small intersection with a 4-way stop sign (Firehouse Corner is a landmark). Turn right at that stop sign, onto Madrone Road.
- Madrone quickly dead ends onto Highway 12; turn left onto 12 towards Santa Rosa.
- About 5-6 miles later, after the first traffic signal, you’ll pass the Kenwood Restaurant and soon after, you will see a second traffic signal. Turn left at the signal, onto Warm Springs Road.
- The driveway is 7/10 of a mile down Warm Springs Road. It is on the left, behind a big eucalyptus tree. There is a small green and white road sign for #854 across from our driveway.
- Go up the long driveway, keeping right, until you come to a circular driveway, marked #854 on the fence post. (It is the second house up.)
- This is the Main House at Kenwood Oaks. You may park there for check-in.
- Welcome to Kenwood Oaks Guest House!